Tyson Fury

Fury's defeat of Schwarz was his 28th win in 29 fights.

Britain's Tyson Fury says he will beat Deontay Wilder in a world heavyweight title rematch that looks set to take place early next year.

Fury, 30, stopped German Tom Schwarz in round two on Saturday in his first fight since a draw with Wilder in December which Fury felt he won.

"I already beat him once so I'll beat him again," said Fury.

"He's going to get a fully match-fit, sharp Tyson Fury. It's the biggest fight in world boxing."

Fury, wearing shorts bearing the American stars and stripes, produced a clinical display to beat the previously undefeated Schwarz, 25, in Las Vegas.

Fury's British promoter Frank Warren said he is likely to fight again in September or October, possibly in New York, before a rematch against American Wilder.

"It's highly probable that fight will happen early next year. All parties want to make that fight happen," Warren told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek.

The rematch could eclipse the pay-per-view record of 4.8m buys set by the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao bout in 2015, said Fury's US promoter Bob Arum.

Wilder, 33, returned to action in May with a sensational first-round knockout of Dominic Breazeale to retain his WBC world heavyweight title in New York.

Britain's Anthony Joshua lost his WBO, WBA and IBF titles when he suffered a shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr this month.

"Deontay Wilder is coming. This fight is happening. There were three horses in the heavyweight division; now there's two," said Fury.

"I wanted to show a few things to the American public, to introduce myself properly.

"I showed a little bit of speed, boxing skill, my ability to slip and slide out of the way of punches and my ability to finish, which is important."

Weighing in heavier.

Fury said he is prepared to weigh in heavier than normal in future bouts in order to chase stoppage victories.

Only five times in his career has he weighed in more than he did against Schwarz (263lb).

"Let's not talk stupid. Schwarz is a 6ft 5in, 245lb number two in the world, unbeaten heavyweight and I dispatched him tonight," Fury said.

"I aim to do more of those performances. People say I am just a boxer. I really can punch," said Fury, who has 20 knockouts from 29 fights.

"I switched southpaw and knocked him down. You will see more of me coming in at heavier weight and sitting down more on my shots."

Tyson Fury

Fury made his entrance to 'Living in America' by James Brown.

information taken from the BBC site

Anthony Joshua

Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury's attachment to different broadcasters have made fight negotiations complex.

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua says a fight with fellow Briton Tyson Fury will be his focus if he defeats Andy Ruiz Jr on Saturday.

WBA, WBO and IBF champion Joshua, 29, had hoped to meet WBC champion Deontay Wilder to set up a unification bout, but the American has agreed a rematch with Luis Ortiz.

Joshua told BBC Sport it is time to negotiate a "solid fight".

"I think I can beat Ruiz. If Wilder is not available, I want Fury," he said.

"I said I want to meet Wilder, chat to him and the next day he announces a fight with no date or venue attached to it. I still say there is hope but I think the next person I want then is Fury."

Ruiz, who spoke candidly about struggling with childhood bullying over his body shape, warned that Joshua was "looking past me" before their fight at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Joshua said he was looking at "the bigger picture".

With Joshua, Wilder and Fury all attached to different broadcasters in the US, negotiations for fights between the three are complex.

Former world champion Fury, 30, fights German Tom Schwarz in Las Vegas on 15 June.

Asked if he thinks a deal can be done to face Fury, Joshua said: "Probably not.

"These fighters have big egos now and think 'if he wants to fight me he has to come and see me and all that'.

"When I first fought for the title my promoter, Eddie Hearn, said when you get the title you are in a position of power.

"I have done that and I feel there is still a power struggle with people thinking, even though they aren't champion, they still think they are king. Let's put that stuff aside and get a real solid fight under wraps."

Joshua added: "Eddie showed me a video of me yesterday and it made me realise that everything we do in boxing is about memories.

"I want to be able to say I had a great night with Fury, remember fighting Wladimir Klitschko and Alexander Povetkin.

"When all is said and done, all you have left is good memories."

'I was a little gangster' - Ruiz out to prove doubters wrong
Much has been made of Ruiz's weight in the build-up, and he said victory would prove sweet after being taunted as a child.

"At one point I was a little sensitive about it when I was young," said the 29-year-old, who was born in the US to Mexican parents.

"I was always a big kid. My first amateur fight, I was seven years old and there were no kids at my weight so I fought older guys.

"It took a little bit to get used to and it would get me down at times.

"At one moment I wanted to give up listening to the doubters telling me 'you're too big man, too big to be on the big stage'. So I will be remembering that on Saturday and be like 'I told you so'."

Ruiz added: "As long as you follow your dreams, anything is possible.

"I was a little gangster when I was young. I had my head bald and hung around with the wrong kids.

"Boxing saved my life. There was something about it that made me want to go back and back. I was with the wrong people doing bad things.

"I have been an underdog my whole life. The shape I have, the way I look. I am ready to become Mexico's first heavyweight champion."

Impossible not to look to the future - Joshua.

Ruiz was asked about the heavyweight division's greatest upset, when James 'Buster' Douglas shocked Mike Tyson in Tokyo in 1990.

Victory for Ruiz would rank among the most unexpected wins, and he said Joshua had already turned his focus to the future.

"Right now he is looking past me and he should focus on this fight first," said Ruiz.

"Anything can happen in this game. It takes one punch to change the fight.

"The confidence and motivation is there in me and I just have to execute."

Joshua responded: "People speak about being fully focused on 1 June. I am but you can't not look at the bigger picture.

"I'm sure he is doing it himself. I don't put blinkers on about seeing the future potential.

"I will be confident in my ability and try and get him out of there in good fashion."

information taken from the BBC site

Oleksandr Usyk

Oleksandr Usyk stopped Tony Bellew in the eighth round to retain all four cruiserweight belts in November.

Undisputed world cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk has pulled out of his heavyweight debut against Carlos Takam because of a biceps injury.

Ukrainian Usyk, 32, was due to face Takam, 38, in Maryland on 25 May before sustaining the injury in training.

Promoter Eddie Hearn said the fight had been postponed and an announcement about the show in the US state would be made shortly.

Usyk is the first boxer to hold all four world titles at cruiserweight.

The 2012 Olympic champion's final bout in the lighter division came in November when he knocked out Briton Tony Bellew - a seventh successive world title victory.

He is unbeaten in 16 professional fights, with 12 knock-out wins.

Cameroon-born Takam fought Britain's Anthony Joshua for the IBF, WBA and IBO world titles in October 2017, and took him to 10 rounds. He also battled another Briton, Derek Chisora, last July and suffered an eighth-round knockout.

information taken from the BBC site

Tyson Fury

Fury is unbeaten in his 28 fights.

British heavyweight Tyson Fury says he loves boxing "more than ever" and lives his life "like a training camp" as he prepares for his Las Vegas debut against German Tom Schwarz on 15 June.

Fury, 30, made his comeback after a 32-month absence in June 2018 and earned a stunning draw with WBC champion Deontay Wilder in December.

The Schwarz fight will be his first under a lucrative new deal with ESPN.

"It is something I am enjoying as an athlete, a person and boxer," he said.

Fury, who beat Wladimir Klitschko to win the WBA, IBF and WBO world titles in 2015 and claims to be the lineal champion, added: "I really love my job at the minute, more than I have ever done before. I used to think boxing was a chore, a job to go to.

"I trained hard for a fight and then put a ton of weight back on. Now I enjoy what I do, keep fit even when I am not boxing. I almost live my life as a routine training camp now."

Wilder faces fellow American Dominic Breazeale on 18 May, while WBA, IBF and WBO champion Anthony Joshua takes on American Jarrell Miller in New York on 1 June.

Fury is unbeaten in his 28 fights, while 24-year-old Schwarz - ranked number two in the world with the WBO - has 24 wins from 24 bouts.

"It's been a long time coming," said Fury. "I have never been to Vegas. The big fights happen in Vegas. I remember waking up to watch Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather [in 2007] at the MGM. A lot of iconic fights have been there so for me to put my name down on that list is another tick off the list.

"I made a promise to myself when I was younger I wouldn't go to Vegas until I fought there. Thirty years later I get the opportunity to fight on the biggest platform in the world."

Speaking about his 6ft 5in opponent, he added: "He is hungry and ambitious, and I am sure he will come for a war.

"He is not ill-preparing for this and turning up for a pay check. He is turning up to take the lineal championship of the world. It will be an epic fight - it's Las Vegas, it's showtime and I will look to put on an explosive performance in the States."

information taken from the BBC site

Luis Ortiz

Ortiz lost to WBC champion Deontay Wilder in 2018.

Luis Ortiz will not replace Jarrell Miller as world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua's opponent on 1 June, the Cuban's promoter has said.

Joshua was due to fight Miller at New York's Madison Square Garden - the British fighter's US debut.

But Miller was denied a licence after an "adverse finding" from a sample taken on 20 March.

King Kong Boxing accused Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn of using Ortiz, 40, as a "gimmick".

"We just received news from promoter that it's a no-go and it was all a gimmick and Hearn's low-ball offers will not be accepted," wrote King Kong Boxing on Instagram.

"No contract even ever got sent so sorry to all the loyal fans. Luis really wanted this title shot."

A new opponent for IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua is expected to be announced this week, with Hearn having said the boxer's "preparations continue" and that eight boxers were being considered as Miller's replacement.

Among those under consideration and named by Hearn were Ortiz, Poland's Adam Kownacki and American Michael Hunter.

Ortiz has lost just once in 32 fights, against WBC champion Deontay Wilder in March 2018.

information taken from the BBC site

Page 1 of 45

Tennis News

Dan Evans advances to Nottingham final

Dan Evans advances to Nottingham final

Просмотров 22 Просмотров

Evans, who has been drawn to face Stan Wawrinka at next week's…

French Open: Karolina Pliskova loses to Petra Martic in third round

French Open: Karolina Pliskova loses to Petra Martic in third round

Просмотров 171 Просмотров

Karolina Pliskova lost in the semi-finals of the French Open to defending…

Madrid Open: Novak Djokovic beats Stefanos Tsitsipas to win third title

Madrid Open: Novak Djokovic beats Stefanos Tsitsipas to win third title

Просмотров 28 Просмотров

Novak Djokovic lost the previous meeting with Stefanos Tsitsipas. World number one Novak…

Madrid Open: Roger Federer marks clay-court return with win over Richard Gasquet

Madrid Open: Roger Federer marks clay-court return with win over Richard Gasquet

Просмотров 320 Просмотров

Roger Federer has won 11 clay-court titles in his career, with his…